1. Bookings. Vacancies offered are subject to being available at the time of receipt of a completed booking form and a deposit of £100 for each week booked. Provisional bookings are held for one week while a deposit and completed booking form are sent as confirmation. A confirmed booking will be acknowledged with a letter or email. Payment can be made by cheque (Made payable to ‘Mr A Howard’) or bank transfer on request. We do not accept credit cards.
2. Balance. The balance payment is due at least six weeks before your arrival date. Please note that we do not send reminders. We reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by the appropriate date.
3. Cancellation by you. Once a booking is confirmed, it is legally binding. If you have to cancel, please inform us immediately and we will endeavour to re-let the cottage and return your payment. If this is not possible, all monies which have been paid will be forfeited. Consequently, we advise our guest to take out holiday cancellation insurance in case they have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. Cancellation by us. Following your booking, in the unlikely event of Bridge Cottage becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, a complete refund will be paid including the deposit.
5. Arrival and Departure. Our booking week is Saturday to Saturday. In order to prepare Bridge Cottage between bookings, we ask that you arrive after 3pm and depart by 10:30am. Please advise us of your anticipated time of arrival when booking the cottage.
6. Cleanliness and Damages. If it is not relatively clean and tidy when you leave we may charge you for extra cleaning. All breakages or damage must be notified immediately. We reserve the right to charge for any damage/breakages how so ever caused, If so we will send you an invoice which is payable on demand. SMOKING is NOT ALLOWED in the cottage.
7. Groups. We do not usually allow groups under the age of 21. Please contact us if this is the case when making your booking. Children under the age of 16 may not be left unsupervised either in the cottage or in the garden. You are welcome to have guests visit you but they may only stay overnight if the bed spaces are not exceeded and if the person responsible for the booking remains in the cottage. We may ask you to leave if any of your group is causing a disturbance and in these circumstances there will be no refund for holiday days lost.
8. Pets. Well-behaved, fully house trained pets are allowed, subject to a charge of £15 per week for each pet. Please bring a basket or bedding and do not allow pets upstairs, in the bedrooms or on the furniture. Pets are not to be left alone in the cottage and must be kept under control when on site. Please clean up after your pet at all times.
9. Extra Charges. We do have Wi-Fi availably at the cottage, for a weekly charge of £10. Logs and kindling are available to purchase from the Village Shop. We do not charge extra for Gas, Electric, Oil and bed linen. Please bring your own towels as we do not supply them at Bridge Cottage.
10. Access. The Owners and Owners’ representatives reserve the right to have access to the cottage at all reasonable times, with prior notice wherever possible.
11. Liability. Anyone staying at or visiting Bridge Cottage does so entirely at their own risk. We do not accept liability for any damage or loss or for personal injury, unless caused by our own negligence. We reserve the right to change our details from those advertised and to refuse bookings when our details are in error. If Bridge Cottage is not available due to circumstances beyond our control then we will return all your payments. There is adequate parking on site, but if you intend to bring more than one vehicle please let us know in advance. We do not accept any liability for vehicles and or contents left within. If anything is especially important to you then please check before booking.
12. Acceptance. Completing a Booking Form and paying the Deposit signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please address all correspondence to:
Mr. Antony Howard.
The Village Shop, Withypool, Exmoor, Somerset. TA24 7QP
Telephone: 01643 831279